"Heat is your enemy and valves are the weak link."

How often should you check the valve clearance?  Are the 2180's more prone
to valve problems?

                      "Marty

                      Hammersmith"             To:       "KRnet"
<kr...@mylist.net>
                      <baleco@peoplepc.        cc:

                      com>                     Subject:  Re: KR> Re: TBO for
VW1835's
                      Sent by:

                      krnet-bounces@myl

                      ist.net

                      03/25/2004 09:13

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      KRnet

You might get 500 hours from a properly cooled and not abused 1835. The
Turbo is going to eat that engine alive and will reduce TBO dramatically.
Heat is your enemy and valves are the weak link.