I did not hook up with the seller Tuesday.  The message I posted came
from the conversation I had with the seller.  He stated he traded one
vehicle for another and thus came by the KR2.  He is an Ultralight pilot
according to his son.

The KR2 was built in Eugene, Oregon by a man named "Gattis."  It
apparently has 19 hours on the Hobbs.  It is a Great Plains 1835.  The
current owner acquired it less than 2 years ago.  The story goes the
former owner (not sure if this was the builder) had the nose gear fold
on a landing.  The prop broke and damage occurred to the lower cowl.
According to the seller, it is a Diehl gear setup.  The seller said
there were 3 revisions of the nose gear strut.  The first was
fiberglass.  Dan recalled those units.  This KR2 had the .040" wall
thickness and it failed.  It was replaced by the current Diehl
production strut unit.  (My current Diehl nose gear strut measures
apprx.125" in wall thickness.)

I called the seller to arrange another chance to visit tomorrow.  I
update you then.

Cheers!

John Bouyea
KR2 - hanging the engine accessories (still waiting for my RevMaster SS
exhaust)
KR2S - boat hanging from the rafters

john_0...@bouyea.net
www.bouyea.net