----- Original Message -----
  From: larry flesner
  To: KRnet
  Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2004 9:28 AM
  Subject: KR> the "killer turn"

  Larry I think it is important to point out that extreme care must be taken
when trying to roll wings level when that low wing is very near a stall as the
down deflected aleron will increase drag and A0A and make it quite possible to
stall that low wing. I can only stress getting the stick forward first then
bring the wings level slowely.
                                  Mike Turner

  # 2 (the best if terrain is not a concern) is to forget trying to
  save the turn and the approach.  Roll to wings level so that
  all lift generated can be used to check the rate of decent.
  With all lift generate at 90 degrees to the ground we don't
  need such a high A of A to generate enough lift to check
  our decent at the slower airspeed.  Fly out of the situation
  and do a better job on the approach next time.  Keep the
  A of A below the stall angle and you won't find youself
  eating dirt.

  Larry Flesner