Mark Jones wrote:

> Funny thing is that the headset I seen Langford wearing last year probably
> is not the same headset you are talking about. Or is it?

I bought a new Lightspeed Twenty 2G right before SNF.  They are pretty nice,
but a funny blue color.  The volume control/battery box was designed by a
moron, however.  The cover falls off continually, and the cheesy "fix"
bracket that they fastened to it falls off even more!  I have a matching
pony tail band around it right now to hold it all together.  Pretty sad for
something that expensive.  And they're all that way.  I found a battery
cover in the 172 I rented a few weeks ago.   An even better deal is the ones
that Gulf Coast Avionics (I think it is) sells that are something like last
year's Lightspeeds (made by them), but with a cell phone/aux input (which
mine has too, but cost $200 more).  Doug Steen bought two of them at SNF, or
maybe it was Dana, I forget.  Quite a bargain.  Doug's making noises like he
may show up too.  It ought to be another doozy!

Those headsets may be on my head next time you see me, since Troy called
today and asked if I wanted to fly out with him in his KR2.  That's a hard
deal to pass up in my book!  The only problem with that is that I told some
folks I'd bring my cowling molds, so that may have to wait.  I asked my
wife, "cowling molds, or fly Troy's KR to the Gathering?"  She said
"duuuuuuhhhhh", so blame her!  Either way, I'd be there before dark on
Thursday, earlier if I drive.  If I fly in, I hope Ron Willett will be
there.  We'll need a ride!

I have a new camera this year that ought to take some pretty nice air-to-air
pictures, and Larry has arranged for another pilot to take me up in his
Tripacer.  You guys who haven't gotten any air-to-air shots yet need to meet
up there for some photos.  We're talking maybe late Friday or early
Saturday.  It wouldn't hurt to buy a little Tripacer fuel, but that's not
mandatory either (I'll take up the slack if necessary).  See you guys
shortly!

Mark Langford, Huntsville, AL
N56ML "at"  hiwaay.net
see KR2S project at http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford