From: krnet-boun...@mylist.net [mailto:krnet-boun...@mylist.net]On
Behalf Of Steven Phillabaum
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2005 8:48 AM
To: KRnet
Subject: Re: KR> Sanding wing fairing

Hello Brian,
Here is one way. I used something like this for boat repairs only is was on
a smaller scale. I'll try to put it in words.
Basically its a sanding pole but tapered. You can make it out of cardboard.
or, a 3" template for one end and a 12" template for the other. Install some
foam, sand, then glass. When cured stick some sandpaper on it. When you sand
only use short bursts and slowly work from small radius to the large. OR you
will have to just eyeball the fairing.

Steven Phillabaum
Auburn, Alabama

> From: "Brian Kraut" >
 I need to sand a wing root fairing foam block with about a 3" radius for
> most of the length, then go to about a 12" radius aft of the wing (this
will