Hello John and Net
"moderate  turbulence  below 12,000",

The kind of wind that I was in yesterday did not include a warning for
turbulence, and I would consider it mild.  At times the plane was in a
constant bounce and weathervane.  The turn and bank was swinging from side
to side non stop and ball was constantly rolling.  Although the plane
bouncing on the wind pockets, there was not the butt jarring hard jolts
followed by the head banging on the canopy.  I would not fly the KR in
Moderate Turbulence.  I feel that much jarring would test the spars and wing
attach fittings more then I would like.  The crosswind that caused me to
abort the landing attempt yesterday, was such that I could not track the
runway (narrow) or maintain a decent glide path.

Orma
Southfield, MI
N110LR Tweety, old enough to drink this year
Flying and more flying, to the gathering or bust
http://www.kr-2.aviation-mechanics.com/