Hi Netters.

Yes I have a T-tail on my KR2.

The rear vertical spar is solid spruce, 5/8" x 48" high.I think that it is
about 3.5" wide.

In front of the rear spar is another spar running from the top of the vertical
stabilizer (about 4.5" infront of the rear solid spar as measured at the top).
I has a 1/8" web of birch plywood on the forward face. The left and right sides
are 5/8" x 5/8" spruce with spacers every 6".The connection of this vertical
middle spar to the rear, horizontal spar of the horizontal stabilizer is via a
"T" shaped piece of chromalloy (4130) that is bolted with AN-3 bolts to both
spars.

The front vertical stabilizer spar is a box made from 5/8" x 5/8" spruce,
vertically on the sides with horizontal spaces very 6". The front and back is
surfaced in 1/8" birch plywood. The cavity is foam filled.

This forward spar is bolted to the front horizontal front spar of the
horizontal stabilizer.A "T" shaped 4130 steel connector was used and bolted in
place as per the other "T". The front vertical spar is angled forward such that
it crosses the the upper fuselage longeron at a distance of about 24" infront
of the the rear spar. The "nose" of the vertical stabilizer was covered in
solid white styrofoam . It is located in line with the junction of the front of
the horizontal stabilizer and the front of the vertical stabilizer. The front
of the vertical stabilizer and the front vertical spar are parallel to each
other. The join with the fuselage was swept forward, (like the Cessna l80.)

The vertical stabilizer was covered with 1 layer of regular marine fibreglass
and epoxy.The front vertical spar was continued upward 10 " above the
horizontal stabilizer and then rounded on the top 3.5" radius. This provided
space for a rudder horn about 10" long and 3.5" high

The rudder is 51.5" high and has a constant 15" cord.

The elevator cables in the fuselage fit to a horn in the rear of the fuselage.
The horn is connected to a 4130 steel tube up to another lever that is
connected to the elevator. There is lead weighted balance arm also connected to
this lower horn for mass ballance purposes.

The rudder horn contains sufficient space for the location of an electrically
driven rudder trim tab. There is a strobe unit mounted on the top of the
vertical stabilizer just in front of the rudder horn. It is made out of a baby
food jar. The rudder is solid white foam filled with one layer of fibreglass.

The cord of the elevator has been increased by about 3.5".

The side surfaces of the vertical stabilizer are covered with 1/8" birch
plywood. This makes the vertical stabilizer the strongest part of the plane. I
did not have any thinner birch plywood than the 1/8" or I would have used it.

A fibreglass cover is fitted to the front top of the vertical stabilizer for
access to the stroe light.

A fibreglass cover fits on the top of the rudder horn for access to the
electric trim tab on the rudder. There is an electric trim on the elevator. I
am sorry for the lengthy description , a few pictures would have saved a lot of
time.

Regards

Harold Woods

Orillia,ON.Canada