From: krnet-boun...@mylist.net [mailto:krnet-boun...@mylist.net] On Behalf
Of ifly...@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2005 8:31 PM
To: kr...@mylist.net
Subject: KR> Subaru Vs CORVAIR?

For those interested in the SUB installations two names come to  mind.
Steve
Makish and Bob Lester are the only two that I know who have  SUCCESSFULLY
flewn many hours behind Subaru engines in a KR2.  They know  all the
problems and
had all the bugs worked out.  Since then they have  removed the Subarus and
installed Corvair engines.  I believe Steve has 150  hours or better on his
now
and I have 290 hours on mine.  WHY the  change?  To move from a more
expensive, complicted engine that can wear out  in 500 hrs to a much simpler
engine
that is easier to maintain and costs less to  build.  Now all the
installation
packaging is worked out and available  and there are corvair engine running
that have over 1200 hours on them and never  been down for major
maintenance.  I
like the Corvair personally and will  continue to fly behind it.   Bill for

FLYCORVAIR.com