Jeff:
        Got to give you and the other fellows reading here some news.  I
have installed the prop that I bought from you and we tried it for static
RPM.  It worked great.  But we noticed that the spinner was vibrating
terribly so shut the engine down and removed the spinner.  It had been
changed out so many times it just didn't have another application left in it
except to be a butt catcher, I guess.
        We decided to run the prop and try the plane without a spinner.  We
had done some mods to extend the nose gear first to give more clearance, and
I got to the button of Havelock field and fire walled the throttle.  The
plane ran along well but because of the troublesome brakes on this plane I
think I was dragging a wheel during the run, and decided to abort the flight
at my decision point.  Taxied back to the button and tried again.  This is a
grass strip so there is some extra drag and I have been concerned to get
more performance so that I could fly this bird like it should go, that
explains the need for the new prop.
        Anyway this time I ran the plane down the field and finally it began
to fly.  Not really as dramatic as I thought it should be but flying and
climbing with a modest but noticeable improvement in speed and climb rate.
I ran the plane around the patch for about half an hour, then decided to
give the guys on the ground a sight, so I rolled it over and came down on an
approach and blew by the hanger at IAS 180 mph.  So sure it still goes fast
in a dive.
        We brought the plane in and installed a new spinner, and decided to
wash all the bugs and grass off the airframe, and since I had it with us we
decided to use the spray wax, to make her a bit slippery.  Took it back to
the button and gave it another try.  Plane took of after about a count of
15, and climbed better than ever before.  I leveled off at circuit height
and noticed much more response in the throttle.  I was making 130 mph flat
and level and could climb aggressively on demand.  Rolled over again and
made a couple of high speed passes again and some tight turns that caught me
by surprise as the "G" load came on.  There I was grunting around the air
pushing the plane through it's maneuvers.  The fellows on the ground said
there he goes and he's feeling that turn I'll bet, and I was.
        So, absolutely can tell you that this plane is performing now as you
would imagine it should.  I am very happy with the prop and how it has made
this plane into something to be impressed by.  Great little KR-2 experience
now flying over Havelock airfield, playing "Top Dog" for the slower birds
below.  It is a great experience.  Thanks again.
Best regards
Jim