Hi Netters
Re rudder return springs. I one flew Jodel which had return springs. One day
the left rudder on my side (pilot) became un stuck and the rudder pedal fell
flat on the floor. I could not get it up. I had no rudder control.  My
passenger was able to get out of his harness , get down on the floor , raise
the pedal until I could get my foot on it. Thus control, again. We landed
without any problem,
My KR2M has a continuous loop. further more a system of pulleys on the
cables infront of the rudder pedals has a spring tension built into it. Thus
at all times there is about 35 lbs. tension in the rudder cable. It operates
smoothly and is fail safe (I hope).
Rehards
Hariold Woods
Orillia,ON. Canada