Mine is done very much like Larry's upper battery.  It sits on a piece of
1/4" angle aluminum with a pair of long holddown bolts and a simple strap
to hold the battery tight against the firewall.

I was told that with my battery sitting about 3 inches from the left
exhaust pipe, my battery wouldn't last a year.  The first one failed
after 4 1/2 years and 325 hours.  The second one is 4 years old with 210
hours behind it and still functions normally.

Jeff Scott
N1213W