From: krnet-boun...@mylist.net [mailto:krnet-boun...@mylist.net] On
Behalf Of Oscar Zuniga
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 9:49 AM
To: kr...@mylist.net
Subject: KR> composite epoxies

Larry wrote-

>There are tables for temp increase with various color paints. Without
>looking it up, I would expect skin temps of 170F when exposed to 110F.

Which raises another issue that has been mentioned here before.  If
you're
using extruded polystyrene foam board (pink Owens-Corning or blue Dow
Styrofoam, or any other), you'll have other problems.  At about 165F the

polystyrene board will begin to lose its dimensional stability and can
bow,
warp, cup, or otherwise lose its shape and rigidity.  And I believe that

T-88 structural epoxy will also begin to soften at higher temps.

Like the man said... you can paint your composite airplane any color you

like, as long as it's white ;o)

Oscar Zuniga
San Antonio, TX
mailto: taildr...@hotmail.com