Jaco:

I am not an expert on this but personally I think the use of  a turbo chager
beyond that required to maintain max HP at Sea Level Std. Conditions is hard on
the engine.  In other words use the turbo charger to hold sea level performance
to altitude and compensate for high density altitude conditions.  RPM has to be
limited by propeller tip speed and prop pitch by manifold pressure limits.
From thoise you should have some idea of HP developed to compare to base
performance of the engine.

I am sure there is someone on here that can really transfer understanding
better than I.

Don