From: krnet-boun...@mylist.net [mailto:krnet-boun...@mylist.net] On
Behalf Of Serge VIDAL
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 12:28 PM
To: KRnet
Subject: KR> Instruments to give away

I have a couple instruments to give away to a good home: 1 altimeter and
1
air speed indicator. These are instruments that I just removed from my
beloved KR2. The reason why I removed them is they are in the wrong
units
for me (US stuff), and I'm tired of making units conversions from US to
international and back in flight, so I bit the bullet and bought new
ones.
I hate the idea of throwing away the old ones, so if they can help a
fellow homebuilder, I will happily ship them away.

The two instruments are perfectly serviceable and accurate, and have
given
10 years of good service in ZS-WEC. Now, I must warn you, they are
pretty
old, and both cases have a slight problem: the ASI has one broken corner

(screw hole), and on the altimeter, the protrusion (where the setting
button is) has been partially filed out. Nothing that a bit of Epoxy and

paint can't fix, but don't expect anything new and shiny.

Anyway, the specifics are:

Air speed indicator: reads
"Indicator-Airspeed
SAE SPEC. AS-391A
MFGR. PART NO. 544
DATE OF MFGR. DEC. 1969
AEROMARINE INSTRUMENTS CO., INC
BRONX, N.Y. 10451
RANGE: 40-180 M.P.H.
CAA-TSO-C2A WT. 0.7 LBS"
Markings: Outer scale in MPH, Inner scale in KTS
White from 60 to 118; Green from 62 to 124; Yellow from 125 to 161; Red
162
(I used to put decals (sold by Aircraft Spruce) over the instrument
window
with my own color arcs, and in that case, the original color arcs don't
show)

Altimeter3-pointer , dial reads "CALIBRATED TO 20.000 FEET", settings in

inches of mercury.
No markings on case (label probably long gone, just a bit of unreadable,

white painted stamp left), but rest assured this is an old fashioned
sturdy one.

They are yours for the taking, free of charge. Just send me something
nice
and aircraft-related in return.

Serge Vidal
KR2 "Kilimanjaro Cloud"
Paris, France

" Ce courriel et les documents qui y sont attachés peuvent contenir des
informations confidentielles. Si vous n'êtes  pas le destinataire
escompté, merci d'en informer l'expéditeur immédiatement et de détruire
ce courriel  ainsi que tous les documents attachés de votre système
informatique. Toute divulgation, distribution ou copie du présent
courriel et des documents attachés sans autorisation préalable de son
émetteur est interdite."

" This e-mail and any attached documents may contain confidential or
proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, please
advise the sender immediately and delete this e-mail and all attached
documents from your computer system. Any unauthorised disclosure,
distribution or copying hereof is prohibited."