I have been reading this thread on flaps and nobody has mentioned one
extremely important factor.  The first ride I had in a KR, Dan Diehl gave me
a ride in Bob Passmore's KR2 which had the standard flaps.  Dan made a
special point to show me the differance in approach attitude with and
without flaps.  The most important factor in using the "stock" flaps
according to Dan was that they lower the nose so that you can see where you
are going to land.  I was convinced by his demonstration and I've built
stock KR2 flaps on my KR2.  When they are deployed the nose drops
considerably and the plane slows down, both neat features to have available.

YMMV!

Regards,

Bob Lee
N52BL  KR2