My engine has the compression set to 7.5:1. I have not experienced any

knock, lots of power and too much heat in the oil. As for my turbo setup, I

have dual egt, 4 CHT, as well as manifold pressure.

One quick note to think about when running a Turbo, especially if you are
adding a turbo, is some information that a gleaned from a book by B&M
Superchargers. Simply adding a turbo will definitely improve the volumetric
efficiency, but will not necessarily allow for the most from your
turbo/engine combo. They did a test with one of their street blowers, and a
stock camshaft, and found that it had 16 pounds of boost (manifold pressure)
but only increased the horsepower and torque something like 10 and 15% each
respectively. They then installed a off street cam, for normally aspirated
motors with close lobe centerlines and lots of duration and lift, and gained
just a little bit more, but most was gained very close to the blower's max
effective rpm, with boost pressure still showing near 14 pounds. They then
designed a cam that took into account the rpm range and the factors that
supported a supercharger, and installed it. It had a wider lobe separation
angle, and moderate increase in lift and duration and I believe it had a
fair amount of cam advance. This cam dropped the manifold pressure down to
10 pounds and raised the horsepower and torque values 40 and 45% as compared
directly to the other cams, using the stock as the base for all increases.

My point for mentioning this is that when considering an add-on to a stock
engine, like a turbo or supercharger, you need to consider the whole engine
design package in order to get the most for your money spent. The same
amount of air was being pumped into the engine, but the cams, intake valves,
and intake manifold determined how much actually went into the engine, and
how much stayed in the intake just making pressure.  I personally recommend
installing complete design packages, where the engine has all modifications
made by the turbo designer in order to get best results.  Companies like
Vortech, and Banks Turbochargers have tech guys that will guide you to what
to purchase to get a complete working package that will accomplish what you
want. Be wary of the Ebay deals, unless you know what to get and what you
WILL get.  Often times these people have tried these packages and found them
not to work, and so they are selling them to the unwary.  Do NOT take the
advice of the counter guy at Autozone or Advance or Central Auto Parts or
NAPA when it comes to the aftermarket performance parts. If they knew as
much as they think they do, they would not be working there...

Colin Rainey
brokerpi...@bellsouth.net