Don
I can recall someone talking about flying in a Lake Amphibian and stating
that you get alot of pitch change when changing throttle settings in this
airplane. Since the engine is on a pedestal mount at least 18 to 24 inches
above the fuselage, I thought this might be relevant to this discussion.
Obviously several problems that had to be overcome with this design would
not be a problem with just 5 inches, but it would seem to me that if 18
inches could be safe with 150 to 200 hp engines, then 70 to 100 hp should be
able to be tested and small modifications made to keep a KR2 or S safe.
Biggest safety issues seem to be power on stall behavior, and how large
changes in power settings up and down would effect pitch. If it is in the
same centerline position I find it hard to believe there would be any yaw
change to contend with. Then again I am not an engineer...

Colin Rainey
brokerpi...@bellsouth.net <mailto:brokerpi...@bellsouth.net>