Most of us seem to accept this as gospel, but it seems to me that what
little sanding "dust" is present, after brushing it off or vacuuming, should
easily be soaked up by the T-88 and the resultant mixture would then be
similar to a very light form of flox which is considered to be structural.
Doesn't seem that the dust would effectively plug up the pores of the wood
to the extent that the T-88 wouldn't eventually and successfully soak in to
the wood.  I can see where the accepted idea of roughing up the wood surface
with coarse sandpaper is a good move because it increases the surface area
for gluing.  Has anyone made up some test pieces to prove or disprove?

Ed Janssen