Hi Netters,
I am getting 2100 rpm with a 52/48 prop static.The engine runs very
smoothly,and responds well but on increasing throttle at 2100 rpm the engine
quietens and revs drop.On throttling back I can get 2100 again and very smooth
running.The engine is a 2 l VW as new,running on twin Zenith/stromberg
carbs.Ignition (for now) is a VW Points distributor.with centrifugal advance
and vacuum advance.I intend going for a Compufire ignition system with backup,
later on,but would like to hear your views,on this engine going quiet and rev
drop on increasing throttle above 2100 revs static.
Best Regards,
Eric
ZU - BMP
ZS - GML.