Hey there Mark - Yeah Ive been laid back watching all the hubub as well.  I
think that is why I shut down my TV and internet when I started building my
airplane and just took good hands on advise from people I knew that build
flying stuff.   I  remember the day I turned on the internet and Larry Koutz
was trying to explain to someone that the reason I wasnt talking online was
because I was building.  When I turned it on was the day I flew the first
flight.  Something to be said about getting rid of distractions.  Well, it is
450 hours later and I just got back from a nice flight with my next-door hanger
mate that has a beautiful RV8.  We bored holes and shot some landing and flybys
at local airports.  He still is finishing his 40 hours.  His DAR gave him100
miles radius - can you believe?  I only got 25 and had only one other srtip to
choose from for my test period.   But we had a blast.  Going to fly to a
pancake breakfast in the morning with him - take Elaine along as
 well.  I may fly WW airplane there - I have it parked in my hanger right now.
Flew it up from Massey this morning.   A nice flying 601!  Still like my KR
more though.
     Oh - make sure to put me down for the cadre of 35!  I be there Lord
willing.   Wont have the twin but maybe some new info.  We shall see.  But I
should see you at Oshkosh.

  Fly safe....Bill and 41768

Mark Jones <flyk...@wi.rr.com> wrote:
  Hi guys,
I have been kind of sitting back just reading the KR Net lately and not posting
much. I have been so busy with major changes at work and am also in the process
of selling my house, relocating to Stevens Point, WI, buying a house there,
etc...etc...etc... Anyway, the reason for this post is to again start pushing
and campaigning for another record breaking attendance at the annual KR
Gathering. You new builders out there may not know much about the Gathering and
if that is the case, you need to visit this web site ( http://krgathering.org/
) and make a commitment to attend. The subject line of this post says "35 for
35th". This is the 35th anniversary of KR flight and our goal this year is to
have a minimum of 35 KR aircraft fly in to the Gathering. If this is achieved,
it will indeed be a record that has never been set before and that is to have
35+ KR's together at one time. Just think what this will do for the future of
KR aircraft. I am appealing to all KR builders and
 pilots to make this Gathering an event not to miss. I am also encouraging and
begging all KR PILOTS with airworthy KR's to fly their plane to the Gathering.
I just took a look at the pre-registration list on the Gathering web page and
right now it does not look too bright. Only 16 people have registered saying
they will attend and of those, only 8 of us have committed to flying out KR
there. I am going to add some incentive to the mixture here.....If you commit
to flying your KR to the Gathering and actually show up with your KR, you will
receive a small engraved plaque that will be worthy of mounting inside your
cockpit possibly on the instrument panel. This will be similar to the engraved
plaques which are attached to trophies. I have not completely decided on the
inscription and am open for suggestions. It should read something similar to "I
flew my KR to the 35th CELEBRATION of KR FLIGHT, MVN". It will be done with
taste and could even have your "N" added. There are
 only 5 months (160 days) till this event takes place and we need
pre-registration and committed pilots. If you are a pilot who is going to help
us achieve this goal by flying your KR to the Gathering, please register as
soon as possible. Will you proudly display this plaque in your KR? I will and I
sure hope you will too.

Mark Jones (N886MJ)
Wales, WI
Visit my web site: www.flykr2s.com