I just made a deposit on  a new long block 2180 for
my KR2.

I am in the Seattle area and virtualy surrounded by mountains.

I have only 150 hours PIC, but in a pretty wide variety of
craft (C-150, Musketeer, C-172, Champ, C-120,
C-150 Long range, beech 1900 etc...  All of them seem (except the 1900)
to run out of "guts" at about 9K feet.  I can't remember ever making 10k
feet, they all were naturally aspirated.  Going over a 4k to 6k mountain
range just to leave town leaves me wanting to clear those "Don't land
here" speed bumps by oh, say, 5k or 6k ft.  Can't get there from
"naturally aspirated" here.

I am not a speed or performance demon. I fly like I drive:
sort of slow and methodical.  But I want to clear those rocks
(and the bigger ones east of there) by a wider margin.

So,, I want a turbo charger.  I can find one, but I have not been able
to find a controller for the waste gate that will limit the intake
manifold pressure to 29.92 inches of mercury.  Or I suppose
open the waste gate at 3700 rpm.

Any ideas?

Thanks

jg