>My TKM MX11 has dramatic noise that I hear through the headset when
>transmitting on the lower end ie:118.20 etc. At the upper end it's very
>quiet. Any of you electronics wiz's have any suggestions? Is it a squelch
>thing?
>Kenny Wiltrout

I'm not the wiz you're looking for but I think that's the very same
radio I put in the Tripacer.  GREAT plug and play unit.  It was
a direct replacement for what I had before.

I doubt if it's a squelch problem.  That should affect receive only.
As I recall it had a squelch adjustment on the front panel.  You
tune the radio to a "non-used" frequency and adjust the squelch
to eliminate any noise on the output.  Presto, it's set.

I'm GUESSING you have a wiring problem.  Antenna lead too close
to the intercom, poor ground, or something along those lines.
Are you nav and comm antennas too close or the wiring crossing
or crossed?  I had great service for hundreds of hours from mine.
Don't give up on the unit.

I also recall it having a "test" button on the front panel.  If you are
slightly out of range from an AWOS or are getting a broken signal
from some other transmitter, just hit the "test" button and it
overrides the squelch so you can hear a weak signal.

Larry Flesner