Peter,
I have the Diehl main gear and nose gear.  I am using a 52 x 52 prop on a VW
2180, Diehl case and Great Plains engine mount.  Firewall bolt pattern and
layout is per the RR plans.  With the airframe level and 40 psi in the tires
I have 9-inches clearance from the prop tip to the concrete floor.  Doing
the math: that puts my crank shaft center at 35 inches from the concrete.
Your results may vary.  You can set your engine height and drive shaft up or
down on the firewall as you wish with in reason.  If you are using
conventional gear, you can get much better prop clearance with the
three-point stance.
It is hard to guess how much new ground you may be plowing down on the farm.
How bumpy is bumpy?

Sid Wood
Tri-gear KR-2 N6242
Mechanicsville, MD, USA
smw...@md.metrocast.net

>...As weight is a serious issue because I am
restricted to 1100lbs max, I have been looking at the Deihl gear, however it
looks a little short for operating out of bumpy farm strips.