From: Kirk Lacewell [mailto:kirk.lacew...@mostqualified.com]
Sent: February 14, 2009 12:33 PM
To: KRnet
Subject: KR> Pulley assembly for Suburu engine

I'm trying to cpmplete a KR-2S started by someone else and have run into a
stumbling block.

The Suburu engine runs the generator through a belt drive. There is a
second, smaller pulley mounted flush with the generator drive pulley which
drives the vacuum pump.

This system seems to work, except that the guy who started the plane ground
the center of the pulleys down so far that they wobble terribly.

I need to replace the two pulleys and can not find anything to replace them
with.

My first question is: Does anyone know where I can get pulleys like this?
They both should have 15mm inner diameter. One is 60mm OD and the other is
100mm OD.

Second question: Does anyone have a suggestion for a better system to drive
my generator and vacuum pump?

I have a quote from a local machine shop to custom fabricate a dual pulley
assembly for me for $400, but I'm hoping to avoid that option.

Thanks,
Kirk Lacewell