From: "Charles Brown" <cbscust...@yahoo.com>
To: <kr...@mylist.net>
Sent: Monday, March 09, 2009 1:12 AM
Subject: KR> airplanes,designs

I have been reading what you guys been talking about own designs and
airplanes, KR-2s
When I was In highschool I had talked to Ken Rand about building a twin
engine as I have been
always in love with twin engine aircraft, I bought a set of plans from Ken
way back in mid 70's and still
have them.I think I paid $25 KR-1 then I joined the Army and helped a friend
build one then I got the
news Ken was killed. I was stationed in Alaska. He kind of inspired me in
aviation,I was a crazy teen-
ager. I have helped build a couple KRs.I was told that someone had built a
twin KR but was unstable
don't know if true or not.
I have worked on a design to build a twin KR with 1835 vw engines. If not
for Ken I would not got in to aviation, the love he had for aviation I can't
explain, I only talked to him three times but great talks, I am still
hooked on the twin KR idea. I stayed in the Army for eight and half years to
learn what I could about aviation
I was a mechanic on CH47 Chinook helicopters then worked for Alaska Airlines
(sea tac), I worked for Columbia Helicopters and Everts Airfuel ( Cargo
express) in Fairbanks Ak, I worked on DC-6s, C46s,
and a old Caribue aircraft I love old roundy round engine wasp 2800s and
2000s. Well I have talked enough.
My name is Charles L. Brown. you all have a great day.