Thanks for the reminder Mark about re-torqueing the prop bolts.  Since I
put my Prince on I haven't re-torqued it yet & I'm ashamed to count up
how many hours it's been.  Although it has a maple core, maybe the carbon
fibre doesn't creep as much . . . hope, hope.  I better tend to that.

Steve Bennett has a fiberglass spinner which he's testing.  He sent it to
me and I wasted several months not doing anything with it and have sent
it back for him so he can proceed with the testing.  It was very well
made - needed some minor finish work on the inside.  The outside was
flawless.  I don't know what his price will be but as with all of his
prices, it'll be very reasonable.

I built a fiberglass spinner myself.  Two actually, when going from the
Sterba to the Prince.  Spent a lot of time and money for materials and
had a lot of fun and they looked quite nice.   My best attempt though had
a small deformation noticable in rotation at the tip which ruined it for
me and I ended up buying another metal one from Steve and having it
anodyzed.  I did the doublers inside the cut-outs and it has held up
perfectly and looks quite nice in gold with the black Prince.  Mark makes
things look easy.

Just coincidentally I was in touch just now with Mike Fox of DynaVibe in
Perry, OK.  I happened to mention that the group was considering some new
places for the Gathering this year and that Perry had been a great place
in the past.  I mentioned Don Betchan's name but Mike didn't mention him
in his reply.  For the group's interest, here is Mike's email to me just
now:

"Well, I just happen to be on the advisory board for the Perry airport
and we had a meeting tonight.  One of the topics for discussion this
evening was a possible fly-in but we don't have the time at the moment to
coordinate it.  We would be very interested in hosting the KR gathering
though and we would have an 'open house' that weekend.  We would probably
invite some other experimentals to join us as well.  September 5th was
one date that we discussed and it just so happens to be about when you
are considering your meeting.  There's a pancake fly-in at Ponca City  on
the 5th and people would probably come to Perry and grab some lunch and
visit with you guys.

Anyway, let me know if the group is really interested in meeting in
Perry.  If so, I can take the next step on this end.

Cheers,

Mike Fox"

Mike's email is

m...@rpxtech.com

in case anyone wants to continue this discussion with him.  I'm really
too far away out here in the west to do more than just facilitate
communications.

I've never been to Perry, but watching the videos of the Gatherings there
it looked like a great place and great times.

Mike
Click for top financial advice. Reduce debt & save for retirement.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTIlffgAQxtrygUmtKXYJfIYmy9MgoxO2qNYu5uUlUScY9h2r1zZVu/