On 6/22/2009 1:29 PM, da...@windstream.net wrote:
> I want to get the weight of my engine as it sits on the mount, less the prop.

        I weighed my Subaru installation for my Sportsman by using a set of
aircraft scales.  If you have any in your area that you can borrow, that
might be another option for you.

        Basically used a hoist to lift up the engine, and lowered it until the
four firewall attach points of the engine mount were resting on the four
pads of the aircraft scales, and just read the total weight off the
screen.  We then subtracted the weight of the straps used to attach it
to the hoist.

-Dj