In light of these concerns, and as host of the
Gathering, the individual awards this year will
be presented to the KR that scored the highest in
each individual area and if one KR takes home all
the awards, including "people's choice" and
"greatest distance flown", then so be it.  THEY
WERE ALL DESERVED.  If the goal of our awards
program is to promote ingenuity of design and
quality of workmanship, I personally see this as our only option.

Larry Flesner

Larry,
Good choice.  I can go with that.
EAA has used that methodology for their aircraft judging at fly ins for the
last 50-plus years.

Sid Wood
Tri-gear KR-2 N6242
Mechanicsville, MD, USA