I haven't seen any replies to this question, so I'll give my opinion and
reference the testing I've done.  Please refer to http://jscott.comlu.com
and follow the link to the KR page.  There's a lot more detail there.

I flew my KR with the stock 72" tail for 500 hrs.  Then I cut the tail
off and built a 96" span tail using the 0009 airfoil provided on Mark's
web site.  I've flown the plane another 300 hours since then.  I can't
think of any other KR that has flown with both tails.  In short, the
additional tail horizontal stab adds significantly to the pitch stability
of the plane.  It is a rock solid hands off flyer when properly trimmed.
Map folding or shifting around in the seat is no longer an aerobatic
experience.  It also added significantly to the control pressures, (also
refered to as control or pilot feedback).  No more super light stick that
is easily over controlled.  It is still very light and quick as compared
to a certificated aircraft, but has a significant feel to the stick.  It
has a good feel to it at slow and cruise speeds, and the elevator is
actually a bit heavy when the speeds get up around 200+ mph, which, in my
opinion, is a desirable feature.

I've been told that I wasted my time, was ruining the "sporty" feel of my
KR, and that I had no idea what I was doing.  But I don't know of anyone
else that has done the same testing and can discuss or demonstrate the
results.

FWIW, I also added to the cord of the rudder, which also made a
significant improvement to the ability to slip the plane and made a big
improvement to the crosswind landing capability of the aircraft.

Jeff Scott
Los Alamos, NM