Gunnar,

You can't go wrong with the Great Planes 2180 VW from Steve Bennett.

I have 210 hours on mine since new and still no problems to date that I can
attribute to the engine quality.

One thing to consider is that the KR2S needs 180- 200Lbs up front to balance
properly with the longer tail ( 14 inches) so going with too light an engine
will restrict your useful load due to CG limitations ( max 30% MAC
recommended). If you want to fly 2 people, you need the horsepower and the
CG position to do it.

Seems the 2S length was meant for the 0200 Continental and lately the
Corvair crowd as they are heavier than the VW.

I have full electric system, 30A Walmart battery and dual ignition and still
needed a 2 inch spacer on my 9 1/2 inch engine mount to get the CG where it
should be with the 2180VW.

Chris Gardiner
KR2S C-GKRZ 210 hours

If anyone could share some information and experiences, it would be
highly appreciated

Thanks !

Best Regards
Gunnar Olsen