From: kleirf...@ecomail.org
To: KRnet <kr...@mylist.net>
Sent: Wed, Oct 28, 2009 7:30 pm
Subject: RE: KR> BMW engines

The R1100 engine has 98 horsepower at 7500 rpm.  This is a little high for a
propeller, and the load of a motorcycle might be different for a propeller.  I
just wanted to see if anyone has heard how the BMW R-engine does on an airplane.
 I have been told through some research that the Rotax gearbox will go on a BMW
engine.  The question is how does this go on a KR and will it be a reliable
setup for a KR?

Kris Leirfallom CFI
KR builder

Quoting Dan Heath <da...@windstream.net>:

> I hate to spoil all the fun here, but I have not seen one post that had
> anything to do with using a BMW engine in a KR, other than the original
> question.
>
> Thank you for your consideration.
>
> See N64KR at http://KRBuilder.org - Then click on the pics
> See you at the 2010 - KR Gathering in Richmond, Ky - I39
> There is a time for building and a time for FLYING and the time for Flying
> has begun.
> Daniel R. Heath - Lexington, SC

This email comes to you via solar power at EcoMail!
Swim over to http://www.ecomail.org to sign up for your *FREE* account