Hi guys,

I too have always really liked Alan's KR styling.  I'm sure I have a copy of
every copyright-free image to be found on the net.

If you're going to have retracts, I can see that having a crushable foam block
below the fanny would be a very good move to take some of the cushioning which
landing gear would've provided in a belly-plop.

Just chatter but marginally related, I used to ride around in ejection seats
(not reclined) where flights typically lasted 7-9 hours.   I didn't find them
particularly uncomfortable but we were warned not to add foam-cushion below our
fanny for a better ride.  The reason being that during an ejection, the seat
would build up substantially more velocity before it adequately pressed against
our fannies and we were at greater risk of injury.

Back to abrupt stops from forward movement, for those who might wish for
something less than an entirely fail-proof harness attachment, one alternative
that comes to mind is having multiple attachments per harness ending, in
serial.  Then have just a little extra belt available between these multiple
attachments, say 2".

That way you could get a stepped stopping action if they failed in sequence and
perhaps the final attachments designed to not fail. Of course you wouldn't want
the second pair of attachments to be effected by structure failure for the
first set.

Regards,
Tom