From: cgardn628 <cgardn...@rogers.com>
Subject: KR> Voltage regulator /Alternator problems?
To: "'KRnet'" <kr...@mylist.net>
Date: Monday, November 16, 2009, 8:16 PM

Has anyone else had problems with the voltage rectifier/regulator that is
supplied for use with the Diehl accessory case style alternator.

I began to witness tripping of my 30A circuit breaker that connects the
alternator to the electrical bus after an hour long flight.

When the rectifier cooled down the problem went away and the breaker could
be reset. ( 1" SCAT blast tube keeps it cool in flight )

Changing the rectifier ( luckily I had a spare) solved the problem . This is
after about 200 hours of flying time so I guess this is not abnormal.

Curious to whether anyone else has had this problem.

Chris Gardiner

KR2S