Larry, Where do I get the information on the speed brake. I don't have flaps
and the ailerons take up the complete trailing edge almost. Thanks,
la...@lebanair.com or www.lebanair.com

-----Original Message-----
From: krnet-boun...@mylist.net [mailto:krnet-boun...@mylist.net] On Behalf
Of Larry&Sallie Flesner
Sent: Sunday, November 22, 2009 4:00 PM
To: KRnet
Subject: KR> speed brake

At 03:41 PM 11/22/2009, you wrote:
>Any words of advice on getting used to the board or how it should be
>used will be read with great interest...smile...
>
>Howard Goodwin
++++++

I would suggest you first try the speed brake at altitude, say 2500
feet or so.  Slow to approach speed, extend the brake a bit at a time
and do some gentle turns up to 30 degrees or so, the same as you will
be doing in the pattern.  Get used to the pitch changes, the airframe
buffeting, if any, and slip in to using the brake slowly so there are
no surprises in the pattern.  Using the speed brake, if it is
effective, will change you landing approach for the better.  I found
no control problems with my brake which extends down to 90 degrees
but each installation may be a bit different.  Try your first slips
with the brake at altitude also in case there are any surprises
there.  Be safe and have fun.  After using the brake you'll wonder
why you ever flew without one.

Larry Flesner