Good day all

I thoiught I would just report that I have sorted out the cooling issues on the
Jabiru powered whisper motorglider. I have learnt that the inlets are indeed
big enough to let in enough air at the low speeds of the motorglider. The
problem was with the outlet. I have learned that the centre of the cowl
underside is not the ideal position for an outlet. Also the theory of 30% more
outlet area as inlet is only valid at certain airspeeds.

As for the inlet for the oil cooler, we learned that the most efficient inlet
is a slit in the underside of the cowl with a lip/scoop taking in air into a
divergent duct. You would be amazzed at how small an inlet is necessary.

Thanks to all that gave advice on the subject.

Regards
Dene Collett
Avlec Projects cc
Port Elizabeth