Mike, KSEE wrote:

> It's been a while since I went through the rules and doing so this time
> I'm needing to comment on the mention of Norton & McAfee... Norton &
> McAfee are downright
> insidious.

That's absolutely true.  I wrote that recommendation probably 8-10 when they
were the only game in town.  They are indeed junk now.  My deepest,
sincerest, most profound apology for not checking that before I cut and
pasted the rules into that message.

For those who want to spend the time to read and follow the recommendations,
the site at http://www.elitekiller.com/malware.htm is the last word on
dealing with malware, most of it free.

But for the same reason that KRnet isn't a clearinghouse for political or
religious views, it's also not the PC help line.  The entire issue is a
matter for some other list.  I guess I accidently started the thread though,
so perhaps I can end it...

Mark Langford
n5...@hiwaay.net
website www.n56ml.com