NetHeads,

I flew down to my father's farm today, stopping by Bessemer to pick up my
brother along the way.  If you visit http://aprs.fi/?call=n56ml and change the
SHOW LAST field to 12 HOURS (or whatever it takes to get the round trip) you
can get a good idea of what it was like.  If you change the Google Maps view to
SATELLITE and zoom in on the south end of the trip (in south Alabama) you'll
see my father's lakes and the runway we took off on, as well as the "traffic
pattern".  Click on the red dots for info and note the approach speed...211
mph.   If you can't get the "live" site up, check out
http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford/aprs/LL_lake2.jpg for a snapshot at the end of
the trail.  Pretty cool stuff, at least from my standpoint!  For more details
on how this works see http://fly.hiwaay.net/~sbuc/journal/tracker.htm .

Mark Langford
N56ML "at" hiwaay.net
website at http://www.N56ML.com