Today the Black Bird returned home from CC17, with her new engine, built by
Roy Szarafinski, waiting for her out in my shop.  Some of you may know that
I had to leave her down there due to weather.  George Schuld, one of the new
Corvair fans and soon to be Corvair and KR builder, gave me a ride all the
way to my home, on his way back home to New Jersey.  This is typical of the
kind of people that are drawn to aviation and in particular, experimental
aviation.

One of our RV guys here in Columbia, James Clark,  offered me a ride back
down to the Airpark, so I could fly her back home, but then, this week of
fantastic weather came upon us, and I just had to go right away.  So I
booked a flight on US Air into Orlando, and Arnold Holmes, CC17 host, gave
up his morning to pick me up and then drive me and some friends to the local
truck stop for lunch.  I did not even ask him, he just offered.  Then when I
got back home, I needed a ride over to CAE from CUB, to pick up my car and
get back home.  One of the founders of our chapter and all around great guy,
Xen Motsinger,  came riding by as I was putting the plane up, and I told him
of my problem.  Without hesitation, he said get in, and he delivered me to
my car.

Out of this bad situation that I got myself into, by not leaving CC17 early,
came this great manifestation of goodness just busting out of people in
aviation.  I add one more, to the many reasons that I am glad I got into
Aviation.  As we say, it really isn't about the planes, it's the people...
well, the planes too.

Daniel R. Heath

da...@windstream.net

See N64KR at  <http://krbuilder.org/> http://KRBuilder.org - Then click on
the pics

See you at the 2010 - KR Gathering in Richmond, Ky - I39