This is probably old news to many, especially you body and paint experts, so I
apologize up front.   The KRnet archives have nothing on it, so this is a tip
that will be useful to somebody, I hope.

It can be a real pain to remove tape, decals and the residues they leave
behind.  I?ve previously used a heat gun, razor blades, WD40, denatured
alcohol, and other chemicals, all of which can be messy and tedious. The
builder of my KR used a fair bit of decorative tape.  If I used the methods
above, removing it was going to be several days of
work.  So much so that I was considering
feathering the edges and painting over it ( I know?tacky and unprofessional).

As luck would have it, I came across a device I?d never seen before.   It?s a
large disk-shaped rubber eraser, shaped like a polishing or grinding wheel,
chucked
into a drill motor.  Mine?s an Astro Eraser Pad which came from my local auto
paint and supply distributor (Ned?s, in Concord, CA).  3M sells a similar
product called a ?Stripe Off Wheel?, and ACS has one in their catalog called a
?Decal Eraser Wheel?. Harbor Freight doesn?t carry anything similar, nor do my
local auto
parts houses. Seems like I read that NAPA carries the 3M wheel.

The contact surface is made from the same stuff as the Art Gum erasers I used
in mechanical drawing and art classes.  After just ten minutes with the wheel,
the tape and adhesive is gone from the undersides of my wings.   It leaves
behind little rubber
crumbs which are easily vacuumed up.  The underlying surfaces are pristine.The
small amount of adhesive (if any)
which might be left behind, can be cleaned up with goo gone or WD40.

 This wheel is fast and freakin? AWESOME.