Dan Heath wrote:

> What thickness and alloy is being used now, for the firewall.  I will be
> re-surfacing mine when I install the Corvair and will use Stainless.
> Also,
> what is the insulation material that is preferred.

I bought a piece of  .016" stainless for my firewall and was shocked the
first time I picked it up.  I hadn't even thought about .016" thick SS being
heavy, but once it was in my hand I immediately decided I was going to use
something else. That's a lot of weight!   RR was selling something like
.006" stainless firewall material, so I bought .006" stainless  from
somewhere and 1/8" fiberfrax from Wicks and saved a lot of weight...

Mark Langford
N56ML "at" hiwaay.net
website at http://www.N56ML.com