Pat Watson wrote:

> Where to now? My thoughts are to weigh the two wings, as a starting point,
> and
> it has been suggested to profile the wing down to the layer of glass, and
> reskinning with a light layer of BID on the bias ? hopefully without too
> much
> weight gain?Rather than remaking the entire wing.

I'm with Larry on this (as usual).  I'm sure that's not the only KR that's
been built with the glass not on the bias.  The fact that we don't see wings
shedding off of KRs would be enough for me to leave it alone and go flying
instead of rebuilding.

Having just spent 4 weeks at 12 hours per day reworking just the last 14" of
my wings, I can tell you you're looking at a very big job tearing into that.
And I was in such a hurry my work is nothing to brag about.  I got the
aileron control system hooked back up at 10PM last night, and surely will
get to fly it this afternoon for the first time in about 6 weeks...

Mark Langford
n5...@hiwaay.net
website www.n56ml.com