Paul wrote:

> My question is I have a KR-2 fuselage sitting on RR landing gear with
> completed tail section, but looking through his paper work on the plane I
> see no
> log or paper work indicating a center spar inspection.

There is no "hard" requirement for a spar inspection. There was maybe 20
years ago, but no longer.  Joe's advice on the EAA tech counselor is a good
one, and helps with insurance cost for first flights, but technically you
are good to procede with the construction as is.  You can inspect them your
self on the edges to ensure the plywood is securely epoxied with no gaps,
and also the caps at the ends will give you an indication.  Also, download
AC-43 from

http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgAdvisoryCircular.nsf/key/AC%2043.13-1B,
 which is the "bible" on inspection and repair of aircraft, and has goodinfo on
spars and wood construction.Mark LangfordN56ML@hiwaay.netwebsite www.n56ml.com