On 10/06/2010 11:24 PM, Craig Williams wrote:
> After meeting with Mark Jones and seeing his plane last weekend I came up
> with
> the idea to use the heat output of the oil cooler for cockpit heat.  Any
> thoughts on why this may not be a good idea?  Pro's are: no CO2, the h eat is
> already available if you mount the cooler like Mark did on the firewall.  Al
> you
> really need is an airbox flapper valve to redirect the air out into the
> cockpit.

        The only thing I can think of is that if you are redirecting all air
flowing through the oil cooler into the cockpit, and you have a fairly
airtight cockpit, you might be restricting the airflow through the
cooler thus possibly compromising your oil cooling capacity.  In other
words, where would the air flow to once it enters the cockpit?  There
needs to be an exit somewhere...

-Dj

--
Dj Merrill - N1JOV
Glastar Sportsman 2+2 Builder #7118 N421DJ - http://deej.net/sportsman/

Please use Netiquette Guidelines http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1855
Kindly TRIM your email replies and post AFTER the relevant text