Hey Guys,
   Today I celebrated the 5 year anniversary of N357CJ's first flight. I really
did not think that I was going to get a chance to fly as the day began with
steady rain and 100 ft ceilings, but by late afternoon it had turned clear blue
and very light winds. So I took a late evening flight into a beautiful sky. It
has been an amazing 5 years. I need to thank everyone that has been a friend
and helped me in the past. I love this flying bit more than life and have had
more fun than any one person should have. I have made some super friends that I
cherish as much as I can. I hope that i can keep this up forever. I really hope
that i can get some of the pure and simple joy of flying communicated to anyone
willing to listen and encourage them to complete their project no matter what
it is or what it is powered by.  This is just the most amount of fun that can
be had with your clothes on (I may try a test flight naked just to prove this
theory)
    As of today N357CJ has over 535 hours and near as i can guess over 20,000
XC miles. It has been in 20 different states. It has had me to over 17,500 ft
high and taken me on Adrenalin rushing low passes of up to 215 mph.  Many
leisurely low flights over the local country side and mountains. The early
mornings and late evenings of burning holes in the sky with dives and spirals
and some great lazy chandels. Not everything is perfect and that includes 3
engine out landings all back on to airports and all safe. All the normal
problems with having built something myself. some early struggles with carbs
and temperatures, A bunch of prop changes, a few flat tires and a few broken
parts. I wouldn't trade any of it away.
    The KR is a fabulous little sports car of the air, It is more fun than can
be imagined, It has far exceeded my mission statement that I made when deciding
what to build. The handling is easy and lite. It can be trimmed in lite
conditions to fly for periods of time without control corrections. It takes off
and lands very predictably. The cross winds capabilities continue to impress me
(and save me)
    The corvair 3100 that i choose to power it with performs to all my
expectations. I love to do all the building and work on it. It has morphed into
a very reliable power plant that was very affordable. I can fly it at 150 mph
sipping about 4 gph. It starts quickly and runs oh so smooth. How can it get
any better.
     I have been saying this for years-- "I'm the luckiest Guy I know"
Now the rest of you get out there and fly them if you got them or get to the
shop and glue or rivet something to get a little closer to the Joy I know.
Joe Horton, Coopersburg, Pa.
Top 2010 Online Colleges
Grant Funding May Be Available to Those That Qualify.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4cbe4771631b83545fdst05duc