I just swapped out my nylon brake lines with steel automotive brake lines.
I still need to use some nylon line to allow for the movement of the
peddles.  What fittings has everyone used to transition from the automotive
lines to the nylon lines?  I couldn't find it in the archive.

Thanks,

Derek Lewis

Does anyone know if 5606 hydraulic fluid is compatible with steel brake
lines?  Automotive applications use a rubber flex hose at the front and rear
to permit steering and rear axel movement.  I exchange new brake fluid in my
car brake system about every two years when the moisture content in the old
fluid exceeds 2 %.  My car owner manual says this procedure is necessary to
prevent corrosion in the steel brake lines.  The DOT brake fluid absorbs
moisture from the air in the master cylinder.  Would brake fluid replacement
be needed for 5606 hydraulic fluid due to moisture content?

Sid Wood
Tri-gear KR-2 N6242
Mechanicsville, MD, USA
smw...@md.metrocast.net