On Dec. 4 Mike Taglieri <miket_...@verizon.net> wrote;

>For a long time I've wanted to build a KR-2, but I didn't have a place to
>do it.  Now, after moving from an apartment to a house, I've decided the
best
>way is to build it in my basement...

I have been building mine in my living room (not married, so no issues).
Based on an article in kitplanes, I bought a 16' extension ladder, took it
apart and used it as a foundation with two 4' X 4' sections of plywood
(3/8") under particle board (smooth surface X 1/2") for use on a previously
built project.

The ladder sections provide a square and rigid substructure, allows me to
pick it up and lean it against a wall if I need to, and rests on adjustable
sawhorses (Home Depot, height adjustable from 30" - 37"). I think I paid
less than $60 or the ladder at Lowes during a sale, the wood was about $30,
so with screws, bolts, nuts, and all the other stuff, I think I've got less
than $200 and a half a day's work in a very nice, flexible 4' X 8' work
table; just make two and you can make a full stretch KR and have a really
neat set of work bench for other projects. (either 4' X 16' or 8' X 8')

I think the KitPlanes idea more than paid for about 3 years of the
subscription price (and no, I don't work for KitPlanes).

Happy flying,

Mark W
N952MW