From: krnet-boun...@mylist.net [mailto:krnet-boun...@mylist.net] On Behalf
Of David Rayburn
Sent: Saturday, December 18, 2010 5:40 PM
To: KRnet
Subject: Re: KR> KR2S vs KR2; Bill of Materials?

I have a KR1 that has the same stretch as the KR2S in boat stage for
sale. Foam and fiberglass, closed spars with second inspection done,
And some extras.  You won't find better workmanship on any other
project.  You may be able to get it real cheap.

Dave 314 971 3433  cell call anytime,  Early or late.

On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 12:51 PM, Dan Morehouse <messyd...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello :-)
>
> I'm considering building a KR-1, -2, or -2S. I'll be finishing up my plans
built
> Sonex over the next few (or several) months and am looking at building a
> composite airplane for my next project. I've almost no experience in
> fiberglass.
>
> It seems there are precious few KR1's and the stretched 2's are much more
> popular than the original shorter version. I prolly wouldn't like the KR1
as
> much as the -2 or -2S. Even though most of my flying would be short solos,
once
> in awhile I'd want the space for a passenger or baggage.
>
> That narrows it to the original vs. stretched 2. From the specs sheets, it
looks
> like the 2S is 18" longer with a wingspan that's 2' 4" longer. Chord must
be
> shorter, cuz the wing area goes only from 80 to 82. It says there's also
more
> headroom. Cockpit width is unchanged.
>
> I'm 5' 7", so certainly wouldn't need the extra leg room, but extra for
baggage
> might be nice. And I've read the KR2S isn't as pitch sensitive, which
certainly
> would appeal to me. Many have widened the cockpit a few inches, which I'd
prolly
> consider. If I'm gonna have a 2 seater, it would be nice to have the room.
I'd