Went up today to celebrate my birthday, Two days late because of snow and ice
on my hanger ramp; finally melting off. Born 12-23-'36, spent my first year and
a half (fourth generation) in Elijah Ransom's (civil war vet) old farmhouse
south of Traverse City, Michigan.

Unseasonably warm at 45 F; strong east winds made for moderate turbulence with
the surrounding mountains here in eastern Oregon. A short flight with a few
bumps on landing: 90+mph airspeed with the gps showing 70 mph on short final to
runway niner.

Still have fun in my stock KR2, retrac gear that has had the gear legs replaced
three years ago with my version fabricated out of 1/4" cold rolled steel plate
after one of the aluminun legs failed. Replaced the spring bar last year when
it failed at the left side pivot attachment, metal fatigue. But then with
1412.3 hours as today on the books I guess its expected.

Missed a lot of flying this past summer and monthly saturday breakfasts and
wednesday chili lunchens at our EAA chapter hanger in Prineville, OR due to  a
three month battle with the flight physical people in Oklahoma City. They
finally conceeded that I am healthy enough to pilot, and don't want to hear
from me again for another six years (still gotta do the biannuals here).
Hmmm... in six years I'll be 80, doubt if I'll be around to fly!