OK, I reread it and over-reacted.  The picture was misleading too. I'd split
the split and squirt some T-88 in it with a syringe, close it up and let it
cure, and it'll be good as new.  I wouldn't use Kevlar, and doubt that's
what's there now.  It's probably just fiberglass built using yellowed resin.
Just use glass to fix it again.  I probably still don't really grasp the
whole problem, but the links in the previous email should at least give you
some insight as to what the structure looks like beneath your KR2's skin.

Mark Langford
ML at N56ML.com
website at http://www.N56ML.com