From: "Jose Fuentes" <jose.fuen...@gmail.com>
To: "KRnet" <kr...@mylist.net>
Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2010 3:55 PM
Subject: Re: KR> Turbos on VW Mech. Vs. Elec.

Ha ha,

Seems no one has respect for the ones on ebay.

http://www.car-forums.com/s7/t248.html

Though there are some very valid statements when you think about it, then
there is Tomas Knight, seems his name is all over the place when it comes to
elec turbos, but his units are 2500 bucks.

http://www.boosthead.com/product.php

There is alot of good information, though it seems to validate the point,
you can't run the turbo at the rate it needs to run to be effective  with
the power the alt will produce. It can only be run for short hops (good for
take offs and maybe stalls, to pull out of them).

Though 2500 for a good elec turbo system is a bit out there, sicne it
requires extra battries it reduces the weight savings drastically.  Seems
the cheaper ones are not very valid as they have no tests I could find to
back up thier claims.

Here are some of the other people:
http://www.autoaccessorystore.com/product/MimoUSA-Electric-Supercharger/Default.aspx?dr=1
http://www.electricsupercharger.net/

One would think for 2500 it better work, but I could see alot of people
tempted by $100 turbo to just try it out. I'm sure they see some increase,
but worth the weight and drain?

Joe